Companies are losing billions due to employee illness - Here's how to reduce your sick days in the workplace.
Everyone gets ill every now and then - it's unavoidable. What is avoidable is the spread of germs and illness in any workplace. Simple precautions will reduce the spread of illness and germs in any office space. By promoting healthy behaviors and utilizing basic cleaning techniques - business owners can reduce their employee sick days and thus reduce costs.
- Clean surfaces frequently and promote washing of hands. Offices must regulate someone or hire a day porter to clean surfaces that are frequently touched by personnel. Kitchens, breakrooms, computers, bathrooms, and anywhere else hands touch surfaces must be wiped down a few times a day. The flu virus can live on a surface for up to 48 hours and infect an unsuspecting person.
- Use proper cleaning chemicals. There are ton of cleaning agents for different things. Do some research and ask questions but make sure you get the right chemical to clean the surface it is made to clean.
- Use disinfecting wipes on computers and other electronic equipment. Call centers are notorious for heavy turnover and sick employees. This is because no one wipes down the computers that are used by different employees.
- Train your staff and pay extra for their services if they clean. Give motivation to those employees who take on cleaning duties. You're going to spend the money. It is much more costly in loss revenue due to an employee being sick then it is to pay for extra cleaning services.
- Promote healthy living proactively in your office. A healthy office is a productive office. Make the decision to make yours one.
Take the time to learn how to clean your office properly. Make sure your employees know what it takes to keep their workspace clean. You can save money by utilizing some very simple office cleaning techniques. Stay healthy!